" href="http://www.dog-breeds.co.uk/blog/news/lauren-conrad-adopts-new-puppy/" rel="bookmark">Lauren Conrad adopts new puppy
Former ‘The Hills’ star, Lauren Conrad opted to tell the world via Instagram and Twitter about adopting a new puppy. The new addition is named Fitz was adopted from an animal shelter and joins Lauren’s 4-year-old Labrador mix Chloe. She uploaded various photos, one with her and the new, adorable golden-haired puppy and another where Fitz was shown nose to nose with Lauren’s older dog, Chloe. Lauren also said on Instagram: ‘Never go to the animal shelter “just to look”… It never ends that way’.
Miss Conrad recently finished a tour of promoting a book titled ‘Starstruck’ and publicising Lauren Conrad Beauty, so she will have plenty of time to devote to her pets. Fitz has already become a little favourite judging by Lauren’s tweet: ‘All I want to do is take pictures of this little cutie!’
Social media outlets have been popular mediums for celebrities wanting to share images of new pets with their fans.
Have you just purchased a puppy from a Dog Breeders Association registered breeder? If so, make sure you register for the 12 week FREE insurance within 48 hours of collection. You can register by either visiting http://www.dog-breeds.co.ukor calling our Freephone number: 0800 181886.
- Screw a hook into the ceiling above your tree to act as an anchor to make sure it isn’t pulled down.
- Use foil or sticky tape around the base of your tree, and also perhaps use lightweight or material ornaments for the bottom of the tree to help prevent them being pinched or attacked by your furry friends.
- If you have a real tree this year, make sure the water used at the base of the tree is covered and pets are discouraged from drinking this water, as it can contain very dangerous fertilizers and pesticides.
- Coatings such as Bitter Apple or citrus fruit scents on your electrical cables can help prevent unwanted chewing. Try to bundle up cables or use a cord cover where possible.
- Avoid tinsel at all costs, as the ingestion of this by your pet can cause choking or intestinal obstruction.
- Again, if you have opted for a real tree, make sure if you have cats that your tree is not pine, as the ingestion of these needles is toxic and can be fatal. Other needles from different types of tree are less toxic but can also be very dangerous is eaten by a cat or a dog, as they can puncture the intestines of animals. Keep needles up from the floor as much as possible and clean them up regularly.
If you suspect your pet has ingested anything dangerous or is showing symptoms of such, contact your vet immediately.